Carrington City Library provides abundant resources to assist all of our patrons!
Along with our collection of print and online books, DVDs, and audiobooks, we also offer…
Computers are provided for patron use on a first-come, first-service basis. There is no charge for computer use. Patrons usually use the computers to conduct Internet searches, but the computers have word processing, spreadsheet, and other capabilities.
Additional technology provided includes copying (.25/black and white page, .50/colored page), fax, scanning, and laminating.
The library also provides hands-on learning opportunities in our MakerSpace.
The large community room can be rented for a variety of activities, and is often used for showers, holiday celebrations, open houses, and organizational meetings. The rental room has tables, 50 chairs, and a large kitchen.
A projector and computer are available for use as well.
The library staff is here to assist you with using the technology we have.
We also assist patrons with their personal devices, as best we can.
We look forward to sharing our resources with you!
Monday – Thursday: 10:30 – 5:30
Saturday: 10:30 – 1:30
- All are welcome! Patrons are asked to respect others by taking cell phone calls outside, limiting computer use time if others are waiting, and respecting social norms.
- Computers are free to use on a first-come, first-serve basis. Patrons should sign in and out, with a 1/2 hour time limit if others are waiting. The library uses filters for the protection of our patrons and employees.
- Copy charges: $0.25 for black & white per page, $0.50 for color per page and $1.00 for faxes.
- Library accounts are free to patrons who live in the Carrington City limits. Patrons outside the city limits can obtain a library card for $25/year. City accounts are active for four years. An application must be completed to obtain an account in person, and patrons can request a library account online.
- The library supports each patron’s Freedom to Read.
- Each patron can check out a maximum of 10 items at a time. Items are due after 4 weeks. Overdue fines are $0.25/day/item after a 7-day grace period. If a patron has $5.00 or more in fines, no additional materials can be checked out until the fine is paid in full.
- If library materials are damaged or lost, the patron is expected to pay for or purchase a replacement. The library staff is happy to work with each patron to resolve these issues.
- The library staff is happy to help patrons find resources. If we do not have materials in our library, the staff will be happy to borrow from others libraries if this is possible. Unless there is a charge, this service will be provided free of charge to our patrons.
- Books that are currently checked out can be placed on hold. When the item is returned, it will be held for no more than 2 weeks for a patron before it is returned to general circulation.